Happiest of Thanksgiving Wishes to You!!!

Happy Thanksgiving

Readers,

As I look back on this time two years ago, I had just launched this blog of mine with no expectations of its success or popularity. I simply wanted to provide advice, help others see their potential, and watch my readers achieve their goals. You all have overwhelmed me.   Job Talk with Anita Clew has grown by leaps and bounds over the course of the past two years, and I have YOU to thank. I am thankful for each and every one of you, all 48,000+ followers, for your support and contributions to make this dream come true.

Well, enough with the mushy stuff. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving, wherever you are this holiday. Be sure to get your fill of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes. And when it comes to dessert, go ahead and have an extra piece of pie for me.

I wish you and yours a safe, healthy, and happy Thanksgiving!

Warm Regards and Best Wishes,
Anita Clew

1. Paula Mills - Writer and Author
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 17:58:55

Hey I love your bog, what you write and how you write, thats why I am nominating you for the Sisterhood of the World bloggers award. Follow the link to see your name in lights and http://paulamariemills.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award-nomination/

2. Yvie Sismee
    Nov 21, 2012 @ 16:55:15

How do you get your foot in the door after sending an application? I have tried LinkedIn to connect with someone within the company but the result was fruitless

Nov 27, 2012 @ 11:29:11

Hi, Yvie:

Thank you for the question. As you already know, just sending an application is not enough to land you a great job. The extra effort spent making a connection with the hiring manager can make all the difference. Each situation is different and may require a different approach to make contact with a person inside the hiring company, but here are a few suggestions.

– Send a follow-up email. After the application is submitted, locate the name and email address of the hiring manager. Send your résumé and cover letter in the email as a PDF attachment.
      – After a week or so, follow up on your application with a phone call or another email. Simply inquire about the status of your application and ask if any other support materials are necessary.
      – Join a group or become involved in networking activities in the industry. For more tips, check out my post Networking Know-How. By becoming more involved in the business community, you will open yourself up to more opportunities and the possibility of becoming acquainted with an employee of the hiring company.
      – Since you are already on LinkedIn, you should look to see if you have any common connections between you and an employee of the company. The common connection could facilitate an introduction and get you one step closer to achieving your goal.

I hope this helps and please let me know how your job search is going. If you have more questions, I am always here to help!

Best wishes,

3. SG81642@aol.com
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 13:11:39

Thank you Anita. Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of your close ones also.

4. James Watkins
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 09:26:29

Happy Thankgiving and have safety long trip for thankinggiving and keep to execricse, walk, have to enjoying it .

5. Kathy Slenker
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 08:14:33

You as well!

________________________________

6. Steven H Bardo
    Nov 20, 2012 @ 08:11:12

Hi Anita,

Thank you for all of your efforts, timely advice and words of wisdom.

Happy Holidays